For heating oil and propane providers throughout the country, the old model of service as a loss leader to sell more fuel has fallen by the wayside. You can—and must—make money in your service department. ServicEdge™ financial consulting offers a straightforward approach to doing so in a way that is simple for your company and customers alike. We offer services to assist you with all of the following:
- Separate out your service and installations as separate departments
- Identify sales, cost of goods, and operating expenses
- Set up a trailing 12-month analysis to determine business momentum and opportunity
- Address equipment sales profitability (40/20/40 rule)
- Discuss inventory carry costs and ways to shrink
- Analyze service plan profitability—and how to improve it
- Consider billable work pricing, profitability, and flat rate options
How Profitable Is Your Energy Business?
You should be realizing 10% of your sales as net profit. Are you? We can help you get there.
We will set up a trend analysis, compare to energy industry best practices, and design a unique plan for your fuel and HVAC business. Once goals are established, we work with you to develop and implement processes to achieve significant returns.
“ServicEdge™ changed our whole mindset and approach to the service aspect of our business. The ServicEdge™ team ran technician focus groups, financial proformas and even created and instituted a marketing calendar entirely focused on an ROI. They helped us create and implement an employee incentive program and the results have been astounding.”
– James Falconi, Falconi Energy